Sunday 25 August 2024

It's all in the detail

 


I’m busy adding detail to an important scene in my next historical romance story. I actually began it before I side-tracked myself onto Friday Night Murder and now that is published on Amazon KDP, I‘ve come back to the one that currently goes under the title of Maeve.

They do say that if the story keeps a fast pace then the reader feels intense emotions, reads faster and loses track of time. Every writer wants that, don’t they? So here I am, hopefully writing a story that moves at a fast pace. The heroine has been kidnapped and in mounting a rescue, her rescuers have caused a fire. She is on the wrong side of it and with no escape. So what happens next? I’m not sure yet, but I’m sure I’ll figure it out…

No comments:

It might be right

 I am easily confused by the verb "may." May, might. When to use? May is the 3rd person singular in the present tense. ie "...