Sunday 29 May 2022

More flowers

 


I would say this is monkshood but if I'm wrong please say!

The white bell flowers I have no idea of a name.

Below is some sort of orchid. Ideas?






All of the flowers were within a close radius of the mill. I didn't have to walk very far at all. 

Apologies for the spacing, but sometimes Blogger can be a pain.

While I was photographing flowers, I was aware that one of those huge cows was in the next field, not 100 yards away. All that stood between us was a rather frail looking strip, no more than half an inch wide, strung between posts. I suppose it was electrified, but I did not feel like pushing my chances and veered away. Next day, the cow was still there, in the same place. And the third day. On the fourth day its head had dropped and it looked rather dead. No one had been to see it, no other cattle were around. But I suppose it was a gentle death in a flowery meadow rather than being dragged off to an abbatoir.But still, a rather sad  thing for our last day.

No comments:

Should we let readers hang?

  I had never heard of the Concluding Preposition Opposition Party but it does exist. I have heard of the American dictionary Merriam-Webste...