Friday 27 May 2022

The flower fields of France

 

One of the things that impressed me the most about France in April was the abundance of wild flowers. I have never seen so many cowslips and primroses in the lanes and verges and there were so many other flowers I began taking photographs, but soon found I am not a natural botanical photographer! 


For a start, some of them  are so small that getting down to their level is difficult.  Then there is so much other stuff obscuring the picture or getting between the camera lens and the flower. I never did get a decent pic of the cowslips because the roads are so narrow we did not dare stop to take pictures as we would have blocked the road and probably caused a car crash.



Then focus is tricky when you wear glasses and suspect that another new pair of specs is on the horizon. However, I persevered and gradually got better at it, though the knees of my jeans suffered in the process.
I was really pleased with  the one that follows.....it meant I was getting somewhere! But the one beside it speaks more of the delight it gave me.




No comments:

Should we let readers hang?

  I had never heard of the Concluding Preposition Opposition Party but it does exist. I have heard of the American dictionary Merriam-Webste...