Friday 11 December 2020

Engaging the little grey cells.

 Maybe I'm getting old, but tv these days seems to be dumbing down to the level of seven year olds. We spend our tv time watching  stuff recorded in the afternoon on Drama channels and such like. Some programmes I never watched all the way through when they first showed - which is why I am enjoying Spooks now. For some reason I stopped watching after Adam Carter was blown up in a car bomb and now I'm carrying on. I know which of the original vet programmes to avoid so I don't end up in tears, I know the As Time Goes By episodes almost by heart and if they put The Good Life on again, I'd watch that. Monarch of the Glen? Yes, and proably a few more oldies. They were stories instead of over-poweringly loud bangs and shootings; something you could actually engage with. 

No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...