Monday 3 January 2022

Time to Relax

 Apologies to anyone who is confused by the appearance of my blog in the last few days. When I arrived in Oz, the family told me they didn't follow it because they couldn't read it easily. The blue background took over the screen. So I decided to experiment with backgrounds and have now got myself in a tangle. Hopefully more of you will be able to read it now, but it certainly isn't the kind of "look" I wanted. (Evidently it depends on which browser the blog reader uses as to how it looks on screen. Most of the time I favour Google Chrome.)

The odd weather continues with really heavy surf that takes over the entire beach at high tide, storm clouds, heat and occasional torrential burst of rain. It is all very restful, actually. The life savers bright orange high perch is in its usual position, but I don't suppose he is lurking there. No one is supposed to be in the water at the moment. (The pic is of a calm day at the beach.)

There is a vast store of books in this house. So far I have indulged myself and read Maeve Binchy's last book A Week in Winter, Adele Parks If You Go Away and for a complete contrast, James Rollins Excavation. Easy to guess which book belongs to which member of the family! I am now embarking on another Rollins Ice Hunt. I've dipped into the presidential chapters of Becoming by Michelle Obama, looked through James Martin's new book on Butter and I'm planning on flicking through the many Nigella Lawson books here before I leave. I enjoy her writing as much as the recipes. 

No comments:

A risky business

 Back home after a few days away on the north coast of Aberdeenshire. It was windy and certainly cleared the head of all the winter cobwebs....