Monday 24 January 2022

The days we sailed

 When I look back at pics of the splendid days we sailed out on Paul and Kathleen's boat, I wonder how I managed to get my knees so sunburnt! (I was not wearing long trousers all the time!) It doesn't look good weather at all - but then I remember that the temperature was probably around 25 degrees and because Sydney harbour has sheltered little bays all around it, there was very little wind. If you Scroll down you'll see a sunnier pic  - and five minutes later I scrambled back under the canopy because a rain cloud burst over us. Happily it only lasted five minutes.

Covid test number 4 due today. So far we have been clear, but we are socially distancing - as we have done all the time this virus ha been at large.

 We've missed the odd dinner (not that the dinners were odd!) with friends and neighbours and we have not been into Newcastle for close on two years but really that is the only change we have made to our lifestyle. We didn't venture into Sydney centre this year for the same reasons, which was a pity. We saw much more of the outskirts this time and it is a very pretty city with some beautiful trees offering shade along the streets.

I am happy to report that I finally plucked up the courage to try another themed layout for my blog and this time all seems to have worked well. People with phones, please check it out and let me know if it is OK. 



https://jenblackauthor.blogspot.com




No comments:

More flames on the fire

  Occasionally I check for Book related news and  this morning caught a snippet that sent a shudder through me. It seems Omid Scobie, often ...