Saturday 29 January 2022

Blown out of place

Thank goodness we did our last lateral flow test on Thursday. A nasty business sticking things in your throat and then in your nose. Fiddly, too and time consuming.

We've had  quite a few tests since December, one way and another and all of them have been absolutely clear. I suppose that is reassuring.

I miss the warmth of Australia now that we are living in the low figures, around 3-7 degrees. DH says his fingers didn't ache while we were there,  but now we are back home, they ache on a morning and are very stiff. Now I think about it, my back didn't ache as much on a morning either, but it does now we are  home.  Perils of getting older, I think, to be matched only by worsening eye sight and crumbling teeth! I am off to the dentist this afternoon so I suppose health is running in my thoughts.

I have a couple of chapters to do to round off my new story, so I shall get on to that next. That will take my mind off teeth and health problems.

Saturday morning update:
There's an 80-mile-an-hour wind shaking the windows this morning, but I cannot see any damage to us or any of our immediate neighbours.

I saw one blackbird cowering under our garden shrubbery hoping for some peanuts so my first task was to put some out for him. The trouble is they get so territorial about it. Probably the same blackbird chased two females away from the spot yesterday and some years ago two males fought - one broke the other's leg. He didn't last more than a couple of days even though I tried to keep him fed.

 A few things blown out of their usual place, but nothing disastrous. So it might be a quiet day indoors or me, which wouldn't be a bad thing. I still have the last two chapters to finish! and lots of other work to do. Researching key words, smartening up the book descriptions, checking over the washing basket. Riveting stuff, but so necessary.

No comments:

More flames on the fire

  Occasionally I check for Book related news and  this morning caught a snippet that sent a shudder through me. It seems Omid Scobie, often ...