Friday 4 February 2022

The Spring Cleaning Urge

 The Spring Cleaning Urge has struck.

I look at my little writing room, see all the files, folders, notebooks and think I could possibly ditch the lot and never miss them. I'm one of those people who loves notebooks, and I have several, brand new and untouched, that I bought a long time ago. One day, I tell myself, I will use them. 

The thing is, when I take down one I have used and scan through the pages, a lot of what I thought was new and useful has now become old hat, or to put it another way, I have absorbed whatever it was and it is now second nature. I no longer need to refer to notebooks about it. 

I did ditch some A4 plastic file folders last week. I also threw a few books into the bin. Another armful I took to our local  household refuse collection point because I recently discovered a bin for Books, Media ad DVDs. The newest books I knew I would never read again I took to the library for addition to their stocks if they deemed them worthy. So one way an another, I have whittled down my shelves and made space in my room. I even discovered the plastic washing basket (which I hunted for when we came back from Australia and couldn't find)  it was so packed ad overflowing with the books I did not wish to keep that I could not see the basket itself.

Next thing you know I'll be sploshing paint around.


No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...