Friday 31 January 2014

Book Break

There's to be a new, web-based TV show about books and authors. It promises to talk about books in a way relevant to the consumer, and "will provide a dynamic and innovative realisation of how life can be best served up in a good read."

Definitely food for thought there. What on earth are they talking about? Alex Heminsley* will front the show. Pan Macmillan is launching it via You Tube on 7th February at 12.30pm. Book Break will run the first Friday of every month. Author Naomi Wood, Karen Swan and Louise Johncox will feature in the first programme. Peter James will be interviewed.

My first reaction was Oh, good, something about books. Then I tried to puzzle out exactly where I could watch this event, and I'm still not sure if I'm tuning in to You-Tube or not. If it is only once a month, there's every chance I will forget about it before March rolls around.  Why not have it every week?  I'm sure there are plenty of readers who would love the chance to chime in and make their views known. I hope I've found out exactly where it is showing before we reach 7th February!
*Not a name I know!

No comments:

To my shame...

The Best Books of 2023: Historical Fiction (according to Waterstones.) The Fraud by Zadie Smith Taking inspiration from a real-life ninetee...