Thursday 3 January 2008

2008

A new year has begun and I celebrated by posting off a partial submission to an agent. I decided it was time to see if I could get anyone on my side.

We woke up to a white world this morning. Snow. It is still with us, and more promised overnight. Paul and Penny arrived in the UK yesterday, and I'll bet this isn't what they were expecting. They left Oz in the heat of summer, stopped in Toronto, flew to Cuba, back to Canada and then on to the UK. Their bodies must not know what season they're in right now.

The other half of the family are just returned to Oz after a fortnight in Alaska where daylight began at 10.30am and ended at 3pm. Still, I understand there were side trips for plenty of retail therapy in Los Angeles and other places. Pretty soon we'll all be back where our normal lives.

No comments:

To my shame...

The Best Books of 2023: Historical Fiction (according to Waterstones.) The Fraud by Zadie Smith Taking inspiration from a real-life ninetee...