Wednesday 21 March 2007

A Day Off


I awarded myself a day off today. After the horrendous winds we've had lately, today's weather was just too tempting, so off we went to Wallington Hall. Armed with hiking boots, sandwiches and coffee we ambled around the woods for a couple of miles and a couple of hours. 2.71 miles, to be precise. I have a pedometer, and I'm fascinated with it.
We were at Wallington not long ago and found a couple of trees blown down in a storm. We thought they would have been cleared away, but no; they were still there, blocking the River Wansbeck. We had blue skies and sunshine today - not the murkier stuff you see in the picture.
Now I must get back to writing. The scene in the Turkish bath awaits!

No comments:

More flames on the fire

  Occasionally I check for Book related news and  this morning caught a snippet that sent a shudder through me. It seems Omid Scobie, often ...