Saturday 27 August 2016

Proof copy

Proof copy arrived this morning and it looks good!

So glad I chose larger font and 5 x 7 3/4 size. H'mm. If I say it is 7.75 inches, maybe that makes it clear? It is the size most paperbacks are published at in the UK and feels so much nicer in the hand than the larger size. I followed Createspace recommendation of 6x9 for my previous book, since they said it was the most popular size. Maybe it is in the US, but I didn't like it much. Too tall, too thin.

Amazingly this copy was posted from South Carolina on the 11th August, so it has taken fifteen days to reach me. It would seem from the post marks to have landed in France  - La poste US Reims. No doubt that accounts for the delay. So now all I have to do is read through and see if I can spot any errors. Found one on page 52 - I'd omitted the word "he" from a sentence. I hope that will be the only one!

No comments:

More flames on the fire

  Occasionally I check for Book related news and  this morning caught a snippet that sent a shudder through me. It seems Omid Scobie, often ...