Saturday 15 July 2023

A new Rebus?


 I caught a snippet this morning  because my dog woke me at 3.30AM! (Chewing her feet in that noisy way she has developed during this grass pollen season). Had she not, I might have missed the news that Viaplay, a Scandinavian streaming giant, is filming Rebus.

Ian Rankin dropped this snippet, so I assume it is true. Richard Rank of Outlander fame is to play a re-imagined, 30-year-old, recently de-moted Sergeant Rebus in modern Edinburgh with modern day stories.

I adored Ken Stott's portrayal and frankly I can't see it being bettered. I'll be keen to watch it when the new version is released in the UK in 2024.

Stott's voice was so distinctive it was recognisable anywhere.

No comments:

Should we let readers hang?

  I had never heard of the Concluding Preposition Opposition Party but it does exist. I have heard of the American dictionary Merriam-Webste...