Thursday 3 March 2022

Clandestine relative

 

Perla is getting brighter (and hungrier) by the day. My elderly Spanish rescue enjoys her walks, her meals and is beginning to enjoy cuddles. Scratching behind the ears was allowed from day one, but I was obviously a stranger and cuddles were a step too far. It is good to see her relaxing into our home and oh so tentatively leaning against me, or coming to find me when she wakes on a morning.

As for my new book - I have edited on the screen several times, edited a print out and now have the last two chapters to do on a computer voice read through. It is true what they say - I am still finding errors. I am still convinced that as I correct one mistake, formatting creates another further down the page.

I am aiming for publication in March, sometime around the 16th. An announcement will come soon!

As a Christmas present I got  My Heritage done via Ancestry. The result says all my results are 60% English, 20% Scottish, Welsh or Irish and 16% Italian and 5% East European. Maybe the Italian connection explains the Italian violin my grandfather took as payment for a drink one night back in the 1800s! Perhaps I have a clandestine Italian grandfather though I rather doubt it.
I constantly get notes from My Heritage claiming they have discovered  somebody with whom I share "0.5% shared DNA (34.5‎ cM) suggests the following estimated relationships:

3rd - 5th cousin"

I cannot even work out how far from me a 3rd cousin would be, never mind a 5th cousin.


No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...