Sunday 16 January 2022

Travelling highlights

 Currently sitting in the Emirates Business Class Lounge and catching up on e-mails and stuff. Thank goodness it was open! The Emirates Lounge at Sydney was closed and we had to used the Plaza Premium lounge, so we had fears about this one, but it is the major hub of the airline, and it is open.

The flight was OK. 7,600 mile in 14 hours. I watched the new James Bond and could hardly hear a word for the gunshot noise on screen and the general airplane engine noise. Good, but puzzling as to plot until I can hear the dialogue/ I thought the slender dame in the black dress and heels was the new 007 but evidently not. I think I need sub titles! Ben Fogel's wilderness retreats entertained me through all 6 episodes, but I must admit I kept nodding off and waking up again. Next leg I plan to watch Bear Grylls. I kept seeing chunks of it on a seat ahead of me and it looked interesting.

We shall be here for 9 hours, and will get something to eat and find the comfy "beds" to have a sleep. Maybe soon I shall hear news of NoVaX....


No comments:

To my shame...

The Best Books of 2023: Historical Fiction (according to Waterstones.) The Fraud by Zadie Smith Taking inspiration from a real-life ninetee...