Thursday 14 July 2022

The day the bathroom disappeared


 After Facebook's latest changes, I am flummoxed.

I seem to have lost  whatever little grip of it I had as ads swamp me (yet all I ever buy is ebooks). I may give up on it soon. 

Perhaps it will settle down if I give it time. Let's hope so.

The heat wave of the last few days has retreated and we have a cooler day today. The heat has been hard on Perla and all creatures who wear a fur coat. I tried to walk her early before the temperature zoomed up into the 20s, and it was really pleasant to be out in the fields, the woods or the river bank all alone with only the birds singing for company. Poor Perla can't hear them as she is deaf. All her enjoyment comes through smells, and every last little thing has to be sniffed. Today we will venture out again at a more normal, after lunch time, and see if the farmer has begun cutting his fields yet.

Sleeping with only a sheet for cover is rare in this country, but that is what has been happening of late. I am really glad our en suite was completed before the heat struck and I am happy to report that everything works well - except for the time I switched on and the shower head was facing the door. Ha! Half the bathroom disappeared under water. Lesson learned the hard way.

No comments:

More flames on the fire

  Occasionally I check for Book related news and  this morning caught a snippet that sent a shudder through me. It seems Omid Scobie, often ...