Saturday 2 April 2022

Mud and Puddles

 Our rescue dog Perla is turning into a bit of a diva.

As mealtimes approach, she now *demands* her food. When I try to hold to the set times, she barks at me! The same happens for walks. If she thinks I'm a bit tardy on getting up and out, she stands in front of me and barks. 

Who would have believed it? In five weeks she has turned from a shy, timid dog into one that is quite willing to assert herself. Of course, we stop her from barking. (Or we try to - but yes, on the whole she gives in to us.)

The weather turned rather suddenly, as you will all have noticed, over the last few days. We have had freezing temperatures, snow, hail, rain and wind -  none of which lasted or stayed very long, but which turned the ground wet and muddy on a lot of our walks. 

It amuses me me to notice that instead of ploughing through all the mud and puddles, as Tim would have done, Perla edges as far away from the mud as she can. She usually comes home with clean feet. A ladylike trait! Coupled with the fact that she doesn't shed hair all day long as dallies do, our Perla is far less work in the house and I heartily approve!

No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...