Monday 11 April 2022

Getting ready to travel

 


There is a rumour that there may be no internet facility when we get to the mill this year as there is a telephone system change-over happening. I will not know until I get there. If the rumour  turns out to be true, then all I can do is keep a brief diary and load it here when I return.

Looking on the bright side, it means DH and I will have time to talk to each other!

And since we are there to work after the mill has been unattended and unloved for the whole of the Covid restrictions, I imagine we shall work all day and fall into bed and sleep very well indeed.

The younger generation in the family say “Find a McDonalds and use their wifi” as if there is a big Mac around every corner in France.  I suspect the nearest is Bergerac, a good 25 miles from us.

So today is packing day ready for an early start in the morning. Wish us luck in getting to the tunnel on time.

No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...