Thursday 31 January 2008

Red Roses For Authors

Yesterday I joined a new group. It is the first time I have been in at the start-up and I hope it becomes a firm favourite with the 50 or so authors who have joined so far. If anyone is curious, here's the address: redrosesforauthors



Here in the north-east we are in the grip of some ferocious weather - high winds, and snow. I had an appointment in Newcastle today, and believe me, without it, I would not have set foot out of doors. The temperature veered between 0.5 and 4.5 as we drove into the city, and then reversed again as we drove home. The Tyne is in flood, heavy with thick brown waters swirling up among the trees on the bank. The old Victorian bridge is under pressure once more.



Here's hoping it survives. There's more snow and wind forecast for tonight and the next couple of days.

I know this is nothing compared to the weather some people endure, but for the UK, this is nasty. A time for lying low, getting out the old red wine and chatting to friends on the internet! We do not deal with Ice Roads across frozen lakes and temperatures of minus 40 Fahrenheit.

No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...