Saturday 23 June 2007

The aftermath

It's kind of hard to dig yourself out of a pit sometimes. A few rejections, a publisher closes and suddenly you wonder why you bother to write at all.

The rejections I can handle. Well, after a few days moping around, to be truthful. I know (mostly) (with hindsight) why they did not succeed, but when I sent them off I was full of enthusiasm and confidence. Now my poor little orphans are back with me again and I have to sit down, take a stern look at them and do what needs to be done.

I think I'll take the metaphorical scalpel to the Rimrock Caper first and tighten that up before I send it off to some as yet unselected e-publisher. By then I might have heard about the last remaining partial which has been out for nearly six months now, so going back to it will be almost like going back to something new. After that, I need to work on my late Victorian epic. There's something not quite right with it . My CP tells me it has no discernable spine, so I need to go back to the beginning and give it some backbone.

It seems my Triskelion book Shadows had a very spotty life on the Trisk website - here today, gone tomorrow, back on Wednesday - so if any of you have been frustrated in your attempts to buy a copy, I can only apologise. Don't forget I have two other books with a different publisher!

No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...