Saturday 23 April 2016

The Northumberland coast

We spent the next couple of days walking for hours on glorious beaches, stopping when we felt like it, poking into rock pools, having lunch at a pub right n the beach and discovering Monk House - once owned by the monks of Lindisfarne and the point from which they rowed themselves out to the Farne Islands, In the 1950s it became a bird observatory and still is as far as I know. For anyone who wants more detail on this Heritage coastline, there's a lengthy document here

By Wednesday we were all tired, including Tim.
He slept all the way home in the car and he isn't a good traveller usually because he feels too far separated from us in the big Honda. In my mini he can snuggle up right behind my shoulder, leaning against the dog bars, but in the Honda there is the big gap of the rear seats between us and him. He objects most strongly.
He slept for the rest of the day and the evening. The next day he was content with one walk on the field up at South Park and then slept all through without a hint of wanting more exercise. I think he's about back to normal now though!

The only piece of technology I took with me was my ipad, and that only because I wanted to check on Rafa's progress at Barcelona. (He seems to be back to his normal self, thank goodness.) I have to say I didn't miss the laptop or the e-mails, and it was good to have a break from writing and editing. Good to get away from normal things, in short.

We were very lucky with the weather, as the pictures show. There was some wind, but by Wednesday even that had gone. We slept well, ate well, and enjoyed some wine. But most of all we enjoyed our wonderful coastline.

No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...