Friday 30 September 2011

Hagg Bank

 Took this pic during my bike ride yesterday. The river Tyne near Hagg Bank. Fishermen, walkers, bikers, we're all out in force. We're having days of wonderful sunshine and digging out summer togs again. Got to make the most of it, as our lovely Indian Summer is due to end with a bang at the weekend. Sigh. In my study, work goes on apace. Never know which task to light on as I start the day. I'm re-formatting a story in the hope that I can follow all the instructions to publish it via Amazon, I'm supposed to be writing the first draft of Victorian Beauty, and also adding "sparkle" to Treason. I'm not a multi-faceted person as far as tasks go, and whatever I select at the beginning of the day is usually what I stick with for the rest of it. At the moment, the re-formatting is winning the race. Should the work ever get to Amazon, it will be a couple of thousand words lighter than when it was published as Till the Day Go Down and that will be a good thing. I think I've learned how to tighten prose now. TTDGD was written 2007, and I've learned a lot since then.   

No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...